Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnut Brown Butter
Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Hazelnut Brown Butter
- 1 tablespoon butter(only real butter- no substitutes)
- 1 lb brussels sprout, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 450F.
- Put butter on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until the butter is melted, browned and fragrant (4-5 minutes).
- Remove baking sheet from oven and toss brussels sprouts and hazelnuts with the browned butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Return to oven and roast for 7 minutes ; sprinkle with water, toss, and continue roasting until the sprouts are tender and lightly browned (another 7-9 minutes).
Note: I like to use quite a bit more butter and add extra hazelnuts.